When it comes to gift-giving, it can be difficult to know what to get for someone you’re far from.
Whether you’re dating or married, plenty of great ideas exist for long-distance partners! Here are 10 great ideas to get you started.
Gifts for Long Distance Partner
A Box Of Herbs/Spices
If you’ve someone who loves cooking with food, they might appreciate having a box of their favourite herbs and spices right at hand. You can easily find boxes of different flavours, sizes, and shapes online or at local stores.
Remember that if you choose to get a box of herbs, the best time to buy them would be around fall or winter since freshness diminishes over time.
A Coffee Mug
Coffee mugs are great year-round, regardless of what season it is. If you know someone with a sweet tooth who always seems to want coffee, maybe you could get them a mug with the word sweet written across the top. Or, you could go with a mug with a fun saying, and they won’t need to think twice about drinking their morning cup.
A Wine Glass Set
If you’re looking for a gift idea that will last longer than a week, consider getting a set of wine glasses. You could pick out some beautiful crystal stemware to drink wine out of (they come in every color), or you can opt for a set of simple white ones to serve water out of. Either way, you’re helping her save money and not feeling guilty about spending it on herself.
Totes bags are practical and durable, making them great choices for gifts. You can shop around online to find the perfect bag for whatever occasion you’re giving it to, whether it’s a birthday present, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, valentine’s day…you name it! Keep in mind that if you’re shopping online, you may want to check out a few different sites before settling on a particular brand. There are many factors to consider like quality, price, size, durability, and style.
Candle lighting has become a popular hobby among some people, especially those who enjoy nature and relaxation. If you know someone who loves candles, a candle holder might be the perfect gift for them! Make sure you select a type of scented wax that suits their tastes.
An e-book reader.
If you have been together for a while, you should probably get each other something nice. Get them an e-book reader, so they can read books online without having to go out and buy physical copies.
A subscription to Netflix.
Netflix is great if you want to watch movies and TV shows together.
A box of chocolates.
Chocolate is always a good choice, especially if you know she’s a chocolate lover. If she likes dark chocolate, then Hershey’s Kisses would be perfect/
A pair of earbuds.
Earbuds are great for listening to music while working out or relaxing.
A handwritten note saying Happy Birthday, anniversary, congratulations, I love you, etc., goes a long way. If you don’t have time to write out a full letter, then at least send a short message via email or text.
Best Quotes on Long Distance Relationships
- “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.”
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
- “To love at a distance can be torturous, yet to never have met the one you love, can be even more painful.”
- “Long distance relationships are hard, but they’re also incredible. If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance, you can do anything.”
- “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.”
- “The hardest thing about missing you is knowing that you’re not missing me too.”
- “I love you more than anything in this world, and I hope to have the opportunity to show you just how much in person one day.” – Unknown
- “Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.”
- “Though miles may lie between us, we are never far apart, for friendship doesn’t count the miles, it’s measured by the heart.”