If your ex-girlfriend is dating someone else and you truly want your ex back then the first thing you must not do is panic! She is just in a rebound relationship.
And, ninety-nine per cent of rebound relationships doesn’t last. So, if you really want to get your ex back then read on for some sage advice.
First of all your ex-girlfriend is only dating someone else to try and get over you. She may only be doing it to make you jealous. Don’t fall for this. People fall into rebound relationships in order to avoid dealing with their emotions about their recent break-up. It doesn’t mean she doesn’t love you – she is just using this relationship to help her through this difficult period.
So keep this in mind to comfort you at this time – your ex-girlfriend is only in this relationship to help her get over you. She doesn’t want to get over you – she’s just confused right now, very emotional and hurting.
It makes no difference if you broke the relationship off or she did. The important thing to remember, if you want to get your ex back, is that this rebound relationship is just a tool and a tool that is showing you that she actually really loves you. Sounds crazy – but it’s true.
So, if you are sure your relationship has a strong foundation of real love you can save it and get your ex back no matter who she is dating.
Right now your girlfriend is in a rebound relationship that is causing her to focus on what went wrong with your relationship. This is not a bad thing. She will pick someone who is the opposite of you. This is good because she is focusing on the “differences” between the two of you which means that she is still focused on you even while she is with the new guy.
You need to take note of the differences too because it probably means she is seeking in this new guy something that she feels was missing in your relationship with her. You can use this time to make some changes in yourself that she will notice and appreciate in you.
Don’t interfere with this rebound relationship. After a month or so (and it may not even take that long) she will begin to see what she misses in you, because the new guy is not you and can’t begin to replace you.
Here are a few simple things to keep in mind:
– Give her some space and time with this rebound relationship and let her see all the good things she is missing without you in her life.
– When she’s ready to come back to you be gracious to her.
– Be a “new you” but be slightly aloof – let her chase you
– Don’t try to convince her that you are the best thing to ever happen to her. She is going to discover this on her own.
– If you think you’ve done something wrong to create the split do not apologize profusely. Just say you are sorry and leave it at that.
– The rebound relationship will show her the real reason she loves you.
– Don’t make promises to change. You are who you are and that’s who she fell in love with.
– Don’t try to make her see that it wasn’t your fault. She will come to appreciate that over time – but only if you haven’t made her invest energy in defending her position that it was your fault.